Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sundays in my City (Love birds)- revised

Unknown Mami

What should a couple do when they get a chance to spend time alone with each other, after months if not years? Clean thoughts needed here you dirty-minded people.

Why are they not able to spend alone time with each other more often, you ask? Good question, but I can confidently say that you don't have any kids, if you even thought of asking that. You haven't met MY kids, for sure.

Kids. Crying, screaming, whining, complaining, demanding kids. Possessive kids who pull on Mama's hair and push Papa away if they get a glimpse of the two of them sitting on one couch. Kids who yell,'Mine!' and cling to Mama's legs when Papa asks Mama to sit by him. Kids who keep turning Mama's face towards them with their tiny hands when she is trying to listen to something funny or important said by Papa. Kids who bang on their toys with all their might, and yell at the top of their lungs when they catch Mama having a conversation with Papa from across the living room. (Since Mama cannot sit on the same couch with Papa, remember?)

So, the best date for parents of such kids?


Para-sailing. You get to sit next to each other, and all you hear up there in the sky is each others' voice. And if you are lucky you might even see dolphins. We did.



Photos taken by the boat crew at Virginia Beach. And yes we did tip them.

For more Sundays in my City from around the world, visit Unknown Mami.

******************************************************
It was not scary. It was the most romantic date. Not scary and recommended for all couples who have kids.

17 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful! What a fantastic way to spend your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic date! I would LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I love the intro to the pictures because it made me appreciate them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh : ) That sounds fun :) Very cool date! I can almost feel the wind blowing in my hair : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Those area awesome pictures! Looks like a fabulous time. But you are braver than me!
    Thanks for sharing your Sunday in the City!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have always WANTED to do this but have never screwed up the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one brave woman!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such fun. I really must try it.

    As for the kids. Tell them no and sit next to each other anyway. Hug in front of them. Be affectionate in front of them it is healthy. It will be the example of how couples behave for them. Remember kids grow up and move away, husbands don't. Sorry, I am in a preachy mood today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to be able to do something just like this. What a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looks like a beautiful, fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love your date! I never thought I would even consider doing this, but reading your post it sounded really romantic... So maybe we will try it out. It sure makes one cool post!

    I recognize your kids... they sound just like mine! And time alone for mom and dad is scarse. That is probably why I enjoyed our weekend so much... And the skinny dipping too;)
    Hope you have a good week, with a few stolen moments with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And then there are the oolder kids that go "Ewwwwwwwww!" if their parents should kiss or hug in front of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Good for you fro doing it :)

    I love these Sunday in My City posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pictures. I really need to get out and live more! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you just described my kids, we can't even have a conversation until the kids are in bed for the night. Your para-sailing looks fun but a bit scary for my taste since I'm a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks AWESOME!! I can almost feel the wind in my hair! Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband and I are going away for the weekend for our anniversary, and we're so going para sailing!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete