Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waiting . . .

She would not give me candy
She does not give me Coke

She would not let me bite her
and stops me when I poke

I was walking on the couch today
She told me I would fall

I went to walk on the bed instead
I heard her say, 'Don't Fall.'

I think she hates me walking
Well, Big girls do not crawl!

I was happy eating the Red Crayon
She came and took it away

I found a yummy-looking penny
She said, 'That's not for play.'

She does not let me eat ANYTHING
I don't know what to say!

She took the phone from my hands
I wanted to give you a call

I wait for you to come home Papa
SHE is no fun at all!

6 comments:

  1. Cute poem...and so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I'm sure my son has had these exact thoughts!

    ....It's no wonder that "no" is one of their first words, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet, cute, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and yet how true!

    I love the rhymes : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute, and SO true in our house. Daddy coming home is like a national holiday around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I look just like your daughter at the end of the day...waiting for my husband to come home and rescue me from the madness.

    ReplyDelete