Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why?

To A aka Thing 1:

Why would you paint on the wall with your pink cupcake?

Why would you paint your toenails red sitting on the couch?

Why would you apply very berry nail color to my new and favorite yellow purse?

Why would you put lotion on your head?

Why would you do this ten minutes after I give you a shower, and right before we have to leave for a party?

Why would you cut your new corduroy pants at the ankle?

Why would you do this at a friend's place, and right before we have to leave for another party?

Why would you insist on giving me a pretend facial, right after searching for God-knows-what inside your nose?

Why would you insist on drinking the dirty bath water?

Why would you think that I don't see you doing it?

To Z aka Thing 2:

Why would you stand in front of the TV when big sis is watching her cartoon?

Why would you turn it off when its her favorite cartoon?

Why would you throw big sis little truck in the toilet?

Why would you try to get it out of there?

Why would you reach right for your dirty butt when I'm trying to change your diaper?

Why would you touch your face, my face and everything else before I get a chance to clean your hands?

Why would you insist on feeding me a cheerio covered in spaghetti sauce?

Why would I eat it just to see your smile?

To A and Z:

Why would you look as innocent as when I first saw you at the hospital, when you sleep?

Why would I forget everything crazy (or to drive me crazy) that you have done today, when I watch you sleeping tonight?

5 comments:

  1. I think they sleep so that we'll be remember that we love them and have the strength to wake up with them the next day.

    And, "Why would you do this ten minutes after I give you a shower, and right before we have to leave for a party?" pretty much sums up last week for me.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)Aren't they wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh so hard!
    This one is my fave:
    Why would you insist on giving me a pretend facial, right after searching for God-knows-what inside your nose?

    And I agree with CK on the sleeping...it's like God's eraser of all the annoying stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! This is so funny! I like the one about the diaper change. Why DO they insist on exploring that area and then their face, consecuatively??! ew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! From my extensive research, by which I mean talking to my kids, I know why! Ready? Here is the answer: "I don't know." (Runner up: "Because I like to.")

    ReplyDelete