Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Kangaroo?

So, Z is a little more than a year old now, but she either thinks that she and I are from the Kangaroo family, or she has a weird concept of human gestation period. Or, human gestation. Period.

I will tell you what I think she thinks.

Baby is conceived. (Let us not go into details, I don't want to know if she knows the details.)

Mama carries baby in her tummy for 9 months.(Although now doctors say its 10 months? But that's a topic for a later post.)

Mama goes to hospital.

Mama cries and yells in pain if does not take pain meds, scratches herself crazy if does take pain meds.

Mama pushes baby out.

Dad cuts the umbilical cord.

Now, we know all that! What makes me think that Z has a strange concept of human gestation?

Z thinks that after the umbilical cord is cut, baby spends 13 more months (and counting) attached to Mama's breast, or her leg.

2 comments:

  1. My daughters both gave up nursing very young, but even the 4 year old is still attached to my leg. Especially when she catches the 1 year old reaching for it first.

    Some of the fun never ends...

    ReplyDelete