Saturday, March 28, 2009

Only a baby can

It was Hubby's Birthday a few days ago, and Dimples, Giggles and I got him a Cookies and Cream cake. These days Cookies and Cream is my favorite. Hubby likes some other kind of cake, but being the good wife that I am, I don't want him eating too much cake. His health is more important than mine. Yes, I am an angel like that.

Apparently Giggles liked the cake too, as all day yesterday she ate quite a bit of it. So much so, that whenever I kissed her, I smelled cookies and cream. I kissed her more than usual yesterday. And I kiss her a lot usually.

But by evening, when I pulled her out of her high chair, I could smell something more than just the Cookies and Cream. I smelled her diapered butt, and the stink gave away what was inside. She was a combination of cookies, cream and poop. As I carried her to the changing mat, I wondered. . . How are babies capable of smelling so deliciously yummy yet disgustingly stinky at the same time?

1 comment:

  1. Very good question... and I've got NO good answer, but it is soooo true!

    ReplyDelete