Monday, March 30, 2009

You'll be in my heart

Dimples and Giggles were watching Tarzan for the first time. Somehow we missed the beginning and started watching from the time Kala found Tarzan.

Dimples: Where are baby Tarzan's Mama and Papa.

Giggles: (pointing to the TV showing closeup of baby Tarzan) Ba-ba.

Me: (clapping my hands) That's right, its a baby!

Giggles: (pointing to the TV showing closeup of Kala) Mama.

Like baby Tarzan, baby Giggles just knew. Something inside of me ached as I smiled at my eager-to-learn Dimples who had grown smarter than a baby.

As glad as I was that my curious 4-year old knew that Kala was not Tarzan's Mama, it was a soothing realization that my one-year old knew that she was.

Lyrics: You'll be in my heart

Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
from all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here
in my heart always
Always


3 comments:

  1. So sweet. They grow up way too fast, don't you think? My "baby" will be 5 in a few weeks. I just can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet song. Don't know that I'd ever paid that much attention to the lyrics. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete