Friday, April 3, 2009

Dimples' non-pink Birthday Party- the Theme

Dimples will turn 4 in a few weeks, and like any about-to-be-4-year-old little girl, she wants a pretty party in pink.

Its not that I don't hear her, I do. But in our close family we have kids her age that are boys, and I cannot not invite them to her birthday party. I would love to throw a tea party for her, with tiaras, wands, and even wings, but I don't know how excited the parents of those boys will be to see their little men in pink.

For her first birthday the theme was butterflies. The boys got books about bugs, to tie it to the theme. It worked out well.

I still haven't figured out how to make a pretty pink birthday party work with boys, though. So, Dimples will have to wait for that. And no need to feel sorry for her, because she will have fun in any party thrown for her, and she would complain about something no matter how great that party is. That's just how little girls are, or is it just my little girl?

After spending hours trying to decide on a theme for her 4th birthday bash, being the Seuss-loving Mom I am, I am throwing her a Dr. Seuss themed Party. (You would think, considering my obvious love for Dr. Seuss, this should have been the first theme to come to my mind. But trust me, it was not.)

The Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham are some of the very first books I read to Dimples. She could not understand, let alone read those colorful books, but she loved them.

So, when I told her she would be having a party with Thing 1 and Thing 2, The Cat, Red Fish Blue Fish and Horton; that her party would be blue, green, yellow, white and red but not pink, Dimples smiled with a twinkle in her eyes and said, 'I love red!'

4 comments:

  1. That is so much fun - what a great idea. We just had a non-pink birthday part for our 4 year-old too. (But that was only because the indoor moonbounce rental didn't come in pink.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Great idea!! Having two girly-girls who have a lot of boy friends (note, not boyfriends), I have this problem, too. We have done Dora, Curious George, High School Musical, Barbie (not a fave with the boys) and this week, Spongebob, much to my dismay.

    Poonch will be turning 8 this summer, and she hasn't had boys at her party in a while. So sad. I think. I mean, there is a point when I won't want them around, right?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ck-Happy 4th Birthday to ONE!
    Gibby- Ugh I don't want my kids watching spongebob, but he is hilarious he he. And, I have a feeling its Dimples new favorite show now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! My daughter's 5th birthday she wanted the whole princess party idea but couldn't understand why boys wouldn't want to come to that. *L* This year.. we may go girly with the cat but that's about it if she wants boys to come.

    ReplyDelete